Need a fun new recipe to make this week with your new Lavender tincture? these lemon bars taste delicious with a mix of lemon and lavender terpenes, these bars are the best things to make on a Sunday afternoon while social distancing.
FOR THE LAVENDER SUGAR:
- 22.75 oz granulated sugar (3 1/4 cups)
- 40 MG or 2 ML of Healthy Honeys CBD Lavender Tincture
FOR THE CRUST:
- Pre Made Pie Crust
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 19.25 oz lavender sugar (2 3/4 cups)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2.25 oz all-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
- Powdered sugar for serving
TO MAKE THE LAVENDER SUGAR:
- Pour 2ml of Healthy Honeys Lavender CBD tincture in the bowl of a food processor Add 1 cup of granulated sugar to the processor and blend well, for 15-20 seconds, until the lavender is well mixed and into the sugar. Add the remaining sugar to the processor and pulse briefly until it’s well-mixed.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, lavender sugar, and lemon zest. Sift the flour on top of the egg mixture, and whisk it in as well.
- When the crust is done baking, slide the rack part-way out of the oven. Pour the filling over the hot crust and slide it back into the oven. Reduce the temperature to 325 F and bake for 25-30 minutes. It’s done when the center barely jiggles when you tap the pan.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool until it reaches room temperature. For the cleanest cuts, refrigerate the bars and cut them when completely cold. To cut, remove the bars from the pan using the foil as handles. Use a large sharp chef’s knife and wipe it off often between cuts.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar before serving, and add a few lavender buds on top if desired. Store Lavender Lemon Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.