When temperatures begin to rise, everyone has one thing on their mind- being outside, having fun in the sun. Reasons for drinking multiply, and it can be hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
CBD infused drinks can be an excellent alternative to drinking alcohol. Not only does CBD help fight inflammation from drinking, it helps relieve anxiety, making it a much better option than a cup of liquid courage. Having CBD infused mocktails at your party is a great way to cater to those who don’t drink alcohol, or those who are simply looking for a healthier alternative.
Healthy Honeys CBD Honey Paloma
Yield: Serves 4 with a dosing of 5mg of CBD/drink, multiply as needed
1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1/4 c fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons Healthy Honeys grapefruit honey simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 cup club soda
lime wedges, to garnish
grapefruit salt rim
Grapefruit salt rim:
1/4 c coarse salt
freshly grated grapefruit zest, from 1 grapefruit
Healthy Honeys grapefruit honey simple syrup:
20mg Healthy Honeys Grapefruit Tincture
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1. Moisten rim of serving glass with a lime wedge or a little bit of water. Turn rim upside down into the grapefruit salt mixture. Twist glass around to thoroughly salt the rim.
2. Fill glass about halfway full with ice.
3. Mix the freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, lime juice, and grapefruit honey simple syrup. Add the club soda. Stir to combine.
4. Garnish mocktail with lime wedge
Healthy Honeys Grapefruit Honey syrup:
1. In a small sauce pot, combine water and honey, and 1mL of Healthy Honeys Grapefruit Tincture (equivalent to 20mg of CBD)
2. Set over medium heat. Stir until honey completely dissolves into water
3. Lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.